garge door repair

Our puppy bit through the thin wire connected to the elec. eye sensor. Even though my husband spliced the wire back together, the light still won't come back on at the sensor and therefore the door isn't working. Anybody have any suggestions?
Maybe your husband did not go a great job, maybe he pulled a wire and now there is a second break or maybe the dog pulled the wire too much and there is a second break.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

The dog may have shorted out the system. See if there is a reset button on the main unit somewhere and push it.
Peter H
The polarity of the wire might not be right, Have your husband reverse the connection of the wire that he connected..it might be DC current Andy