Garden tractor battery

I typed my reply before reading yours. Honest!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It doesnt matter if its indoors or out as long as its clean , dry and charged up. It wont freeze charged , it wont discharge if its dry and out of the rain and clean. A float charger is a good idea. The only reason to take it in is because the battery may be hard to access , or leaving the tractor in the rain with an uncovered battery. Take a look a farmers with 80 lb batteries on diesels they stay in the machine , in a battery box at -40f all winter long. At 150$ a pop they take care of their equipment, Outside. Just keep it charged and put a volt meter on it to ck it once a month, it will last its proper lifetime

Reply to
m Ransley

Do yourself a favor and get a battery -minder or battery-tender. They charge the battery and once it is full they keep them topped off, fully automatic. You don't have to keep an eye on it to see if they are full yet. They can stay hooked up unlimited time. Check out

for these products. Batteries plus has them too I Think. They also come with quick connect cords/plugs so you dont' even have to take the battery out of the tractor.

Rein

That's due to the heat. Here in Arizona batteries usually don't last longer than 2 years.

Rein