Garden tractor battery

That's due to the heat. Here in Arizona batteries usually don't last longer than 2 years.
Thanks for all of the information, guys!
--
Replace you know what by j to email

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:42:52 -0400, Jud McCranie

I completely disagree. I just replaced the battery for the first time this year in my Murray riding mower. The mower is a 1995 model. Last summer I noticed the battery was getting weak, but a few charges and it lasted till this spring. That's 8 years from that battery. Yes, there is an alternator (of sorts) in riding mowers, and it charges the battery. If it didn't, you'd be charging the mower battery all the time. The alternator is a coil next to the flywheel, and there are magnets built into the flywheel to produce the charge.
Maybe you should try one from John Deere. Mine is going strong after 6 years.