garden tiller lube type?

Hi, folks. I have a small Mantis gas tiller and want to change the worm gear lube. The manual calls for a "lithium #0 grease". What is this? What can I use to replace it with ..will 80w90 hypoid gear lube (MT) work ok?

Reply to
Jack

ear lube. =A0The manual calls for a "lithium #0 grease". =A0What is this? = =A0What can I use to replace it with =A0..will 80w90 hypoid gear lube (MT) = work ok? =A0

Don't know. But, I would go to a big box or other hardware store, or an auto supply store like Pep Boys.

Reply to
hrhofmann

lube. The manual calls for a "lithium #0 grease". What is this?

> What can I use to replace it with ..will 80w90 hypoid gear lube (MT) work ok?

No idea. If you're not sure, don't. the lithium lube is widely available. Get a few tubes of that and a small grease gun (if you don't already have one) and have at it. Once you have it you'll find plenty of uses for it.

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

I'm pretty sure those are not equivalent.

Reply to
Bob F

lube. The manual calls for a "lithium #0 grease". What is this? What can I use to replace it with ..will 80w90 hypoid gear lube (MT) work ok?

Yes the recommended grease. Lithium grease is commonly available and comes in grades 0, 1 and 2.

Reply to
George