garden tiller lube type?

Hi, folks. I have a small Mantis gas tiller and want to change the worm gear lube. The manual calls for a "lithium #0 grease". What is this? What can I use to replace it with ..will 80w90 hypoid gear lube (MT) work ok?

Don't know. But, I would go to a big box or other hardware store, or an auto supply store like Pep Boys.
Jack wrote:

http://www.machinerylubrication.com/article_detail.asp?articleid 52&pagetitle=Grease+Basics
> What can I use to replace it with ..will 80w90 hypoid gear lube (MT) work ok?
No idea. If you're not sure, don't. the lithium lube is widely available. Get a few tubes of that and a small grease gun (if you don't already have one) and have at it. Once you have it you'll find plenty of uses for it.
Hi, folks. I have a small Mantis gas tiller and want to change the worm gear lube. The manual calls for a "lithium #0 grease". What is this? What can I use to replace it with ..will 80w90 hypoid gear lube (MT) work ok?
I'm pretty sure those are not equivalent.
Jack wrote:

lube. The manual calls for a "lithium #0 grease". What is this? What can I use to replace it with ..will 80w90 hypoid gear lube (MT) work ok?
Yes the recommended grease. Lithium grease is commonly available and comes in grades 0, 1 and 2.