Garden Hose Repair

Page 2 of 2
Sears going out of biz?? ya right. You been on national enquirer dot com or what?

me too, after attempting all sorts of repairs i just replace the hose.....
craftsman garden hoses did have a lifetime leak warranty but i dont know if the warranty still exists and sears is in danger of going out of business

After many times replacing hoses with the expensive "lifetime", 'no kink" etc. I got tired of getting kinks in them. Now it is the cheapest ones I can find and I haven't had to replace one of theose in pushing 20 years now. The yellow ones that collapse when not pressurized work best for me.
Harry K

Most lightly, a patch without clamps or glue or mighty putty will not work in the long term.
You could try a small screw to plug the hole, that sometimes will stop the leak.
This type of fix, where you need to cut the hose, is the best bet: http://www.doityourself.com/invt/6005979
I've tried all kinds of gadgets, none has worked for me.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If you have a GOOD hardware store within reach, they should be able to install new ends on the hose without trouble. They should have REAL equipment to do this, inserts, outter parts and a press to install. I have had it done often with my hoses, it's not very expensive and if you want to save the hose...have it repaired.
Gene
On Wed, 14 May 2008 22:53:53 -0500, "S. Barker"

On May 14, 1:38 pm, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

As others have mentioned, if the leak is near the end of the hose, it's probably best to just cut the hose at the leak and install a new end -- any hardware store will have the hardware for that. If the leak is in the middle somewhere, if it were me I would try something quick & stupid first -- say, wrapping duct tape on it. Costs practically nothing and if it fails, so what? Even if it doesn't prove waterproof, if it goes from spraying to dripping, perhaps that is good enough. -- H