Garden Hose for transfer of K1 Oil ?

Page 1 of 3
I need to transfer K1 kerosene from my delivery trailer to my tank 50 ft away. I have priced hoses made for fuels, and a 50 ft length is $200-300.
Any reason why I cannot us a commercial grade, 3/4 inch hose like the one shown in this link ? This hose would be used **only** for this purpose, and would be used no more than two times a year.
Any comments or advice would be welcome.
Thank you.
James
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200218424_200218424

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200218424_200218424

I'm just curious: what kind of 'problems' do you keep an eye out for that you can actually solve after you visually note them happening?
jc

City inspectors maybe.

If you need to look over your shoulder in fear of an inspector checking the type of hose you're using, it time to move

I meant the fact of private citizen pumping oil into the ground...tank or not.

Private citizen pumping privately owned oil from one privately owned tank to another privately owned tank on private property...privately, just to clarify

Well in some Granola-head states, when it comes to anything to do with oil and the ground there is no such thing as "privately".

I hear you just fine. The whole country is becoming a nanny state.

Neighbour of mine had an oil leak recently and lost the contents of their heating oil tank into the ground. The clean up operation has taken a two weeks so far and is costing them a small fortune not to mention the fine.
Cwatters wrote:

Sigh.
Oil COMES from the ground. The government goes to great lengths to put a bunch of it BACK in the ground.
But let an individual do so, and it's the end of the world.

Your ignorance is staggering. I truly hope you drink water that's been poluted because the "nanny state" wasn't there to force that individual to clean up the mess he created.
The Ranger
On May 12, 8:51am, "Cwatters"

Yes that can happen. Especially in an urban area. In more rural areas it is amazing how far leaked oil can travel, polluting drinking wells along the way! In one case here the large hole (many dump truck loads) that had to be excavated to remove oil polluted soil was used to build a basement onto which a rentable extension to the house was built. One failure mode (of outside tanks) has been when unprotected oil lines have snapped off due to ice and snow, thus leaking the oil onto the ground. Where tanks have leaked (usually due to internal rusting) inside a house it has soaked into concrete basements floors. The smell (and possibly health hazard?) never goes away. Regulations for installation of oil tanks has been improved and that along with greater use of electricity, due here to lower cost, is reducing the hazard. Oil leakage insurance can be expensive even when the oil tank replacement has been done in an approved/certified manner. There have been a few hospitalizations (in a population of 500,000 persons) due to ingesting oil. And problem is that once a well has been polluted it may be years, if ever before, it is fit for use again..

Why would they be "fined" for having the misfortune of a fuel tank leak?

For failure to meet codes? Which would have prevented contamination from the leak... (Think dual-wall tanks.)
(see how snipping past comments makes this post easier to read?)

Why would you assume that the tank he had, didn't meet codes? There is no code where I live, requiring me to replace my existing tank with any special type. Over time, if it's left in the ground, it too will become porous.
> Why would they be "fined" for having the misfortune of a fuel tank leak?
because they should maintain it so it doesn't leak. Old ones should be replaced by bunded tanks (twin wall).

You use the word "should" as though you are the authority. I'm sure every state,city, county, and town have their own rules, and it seems that Stan's neighbor could have been in compliance, in his jurisdiction, when the leak occured. He certainly didn't indicate that he wasn't