Garden hose connections

Page 2 of 2

Looked at Walmart Saturday but no success. Plenty of Loctite stuff but no anti-seize. Looked in automotive, plumbing and tool departments. Another department? Another store?
TIA

On 5/12/2014 12:17 PM, KenK wrote:

I didn't find a match on Harbor Freight. But, most auto parts near me have some. Small tube, or jar with brush in the lid.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 5/12/2014 10:17 AM, KenK wrote:

http://smile.amazon.com/Loctite-37539-Silver-Grade-Anti-Seize-Lubricant/dp/B0006Q7H2M
When I didn't have antiseize handy I always used a bit of moly grease, seemed to work as well.
But recently I've heard people using Teflon tape instead of antiseize and it sounds like a good idea.
I never like to tighten any type of fastener dry.

Any auto parts store.

Henkel Loctite brand is one of the most common brands of anti-seize available to and used by the automotive trade as well as most industrial mechanics - available from any good automotive or industrial supplier. Try Grainger.
The other common brand is Permatex.

Hmmm. Great, if it works! It would also seal the connection, another common fault with some screw-on connections.
In my recent rehosing of my swamp cooler water supply I had to replace the garden hose supplying the water because it kept developing new major leaks. A few years ago I had problems with the threads leaking at the connection between the old hose and the adapter to the copper tubing connector to the cooler. I used teflon tape then to cure that problem. I noted when I recently changed hoses that I could remove the old hose at that teflon point with only a little trouble. I had written it off to chance but as you mentioned, perhaps it was the teflon tape. I may just do that to all the new cooler hose connections and skip the no-seize.