Garden hose connection leak sealing

I use an evaporative cooler for cooling and after decades of experimenting find that a garden hose run over the surface of the ground to a short length of copper tubing (cooler water connection matches copper tubing connector) works the best. The problem remaining is that the hose connections too frequently leak and need fussing with. Usually the connection where the hose connector screws onto the adapter at the copper tubing. Teflon tape helps but where the plastic hose itself connects to the hose connector it is a friction fit and seems to eventually leak from the constant year-long pressure. Anything I can use to seal these connections? If necessary I have enough extra length that I can cut off these sealed connections and replace them if necessary later if I have to because of a problem.

This is hard to explain. I hope it is clear. I edited it several times.

TIA

Reply to
KenK

I'm confused as to where the actual leak is. Is it between the hose connector and the copper tubing adapter or is it between the hose and the hose's own connector?

i.e. If you removed the hose from the adapter on the copper tubing, then capped the connector on the hose and then pressurized the hose, would the hose itself still eventually leak? If so, where? At the cap or where the hose's connector attaches to the hose?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I have a question:

The evaporative cooler is gonna dump water down the drain, into yer hose, which terminates into a copper sprinkler, which waters yer lawn. Right? So, why do you give a hoot n' hollar if you have some leaks?

nb

Reply to
notbob

Clear enough, everybody has the same problem. I've never tried it but maybe slather the nipple with silicon before inserting in the hose.

Reply to
dadiOH

Assuming you are just slipping the hose over the copper and clamping it, I'd suggest soldering on a threaded adaptor to the copper pipe, then screw on a barbed fitting. Clamp the hose on that barbed..... Use 2 clamps.....

Reply to
Paintedcow

Does this guy even read the posts he responds to?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news:bd9a93a8-b3e4-492b-ae3e- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yes

Reply to
KenK

notbob wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Nope. Water goes into cooler. Then pads. Replaced when evaporates from pads. No drain - water stays in cooler.

Reply to
KenK

KenK posted for all of us...

How about some heat shrink tubing? Flame on!

Reply to
Tekkie®

You see how simple that explanation was? ;-)

Consider a commercial grade hose instead of a "homeowner" grade.

A Google search will turn up lots of options that aren't available at the local home center.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Wasn't aware there was such a thing. I'll look into it. The latest leak seems to have fixed itself. Probably calcium from the hard well water plugged it up for the moment.

Yep. But I hate to pay shipping. Especially something that big and heavy. Hopefully it would turn up something local.

Reply to
KenK

I could be wrong but I could swear this site says free shipping. I'll bet it's not the only one.

Obviously, you'll need to do your own homework as far as quality, etc. I'm simply pointing out that "paying shipping" is not a given.

Reply to
DerbyDad03