Garden hose connection leak sealing

I use an evaporative cooler for cooling and after decades of experimenting find that a garden hose run over the surface of the ground to a short length of copper tubing (cooler water connection matches copper tubing connector) works the best. The problem remaining is that the hose connections too frequently leak and need fussing with. Usually the connection where the hose connector screws onto the adapter at the copper tubing. Teflon tape helps but where the plastic hose itself connects to the hose connector it is a friction fit and seems to eventually leak from the constant year-long pressure. Anything I can use to seal these connections? If necessary I have enough extra length that I can cut off these sealed connections and replace them if necessary later if I have to because of a problem.
This is hard to explain. I hope it is clear. I edited it several times.
TIA
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 12:45:48 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

I'm confused as to where the actual leak is. Is it between the hose connector and the copper tubing adapter or is it between the hose and the hose's own connector?
i.e. If you removed the hose from the adapter on the copper tubing, then capped the connector on the hose and then pressurized the hose, would the hose itself still eventually leak? If so, where? At the cap or where the hose's connector attaches to the hose?

Yes
On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 1:55:00 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

You see how simple that explanation was? ;-)
Consider a commercial grade hose instead of a "homeowner" grade.
A Google search will turn up lots of options that aren't available at the local home center.

Wasn't aware there was such a thing. I'll look into it. The latest leak seems to have fixed itself. Probably calcium from the hard well water plugged it up for the moment.

Yep. But I hate to pay shipping. Especially something that big and heavy. Hopefully it would turn up something local.
On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 2:01:52 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

I could be wrong but I could swear this site says free shipping. I'll bet it's not the only one.
https://hdsupplysolutions.com/shop/p/swan%C2%AE-industrial-garden-hose-kink-resistant-3-4-75-length-heavy-duty-p150400
Obviously, you'll need to do your own homework as far as quality, etc. I'm simply pointing out that "paying shipping" is not a given.

I have a question:
The evaporative cooler is gonna dump water down the drain, into yer hose, which terminates into a copper sprinkler, which waters yer lawn. Right? So, why do you give a hoot n' hollar if you have some leaks?
nb

Nope. Water goes into cooler. Then pads. Replaced when evaporates from pads. No drain - water stays in cooler.
KenK posted for all of us...

How about some heat shrink tubing? Flame on!
--
Tekkie

Clear enough, everybody has the same problem. I've never tried it but maybe slather the nipple with silicon before inserting in the hose.

Assuming you are just slipping the hose over the copper and clamping it, I'd suggest soldering on a threaded adaptor to the copper pipe, then screw on a barbed fitting. Clamp the hose on that barbed..... Use 2 clamps.....
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 10:17:22 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Does this guy even read the posts he responds to?