Garden hose

Page 2 of 2

far
way
this
not
I have a black hose from Sears and it's way better than any of the green hoses I've owned. I also have a SideWinder hose reel. This combination works for me. You still have to make sure you don't kink the hose, but it's a small problem instead of a big problem.
MiamiCuse wrote:

Keep the water pressure on when you coil it up.

I have had quality ones, cheap ones and medium ones. All kinked and once kinked, always kinked. My solution?
The yellow ell cheapos (I get 'em at Wal Mart). Yes they kink but are easily unkinked, usually just by walking down them and kicking them. They also don't kink in the same places. About the same amoutn of kinks as a heavy duty one but the fooling around unkinking beats them hands down.
Harry K