Garden Decor Battery Question

I have an outdoor garden solar powered decoration that uses a small solar panel and that charges a Ni-Cad AA Rechargeable Battery. The battery needs replacing and it is an AA 1.2v at 600mAh. I looked at Target, Walmart, and another store and yes, they all have the AA Rechargeable Batteries but with like a 1000mAh rating. I do not know if I need to stick to the 600mAh rating or can I use the 1000mAh rated rechargeable battery? This decorative device is just a fiber optic display in a gazing globe so the battery powers a bulb for the fiber optics at night.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Lou

More is better. Get the 1000mAh. It will take a little longer to recharge, but should do it ok in daylight hours. These things are getting somewhat popular as gravesite decorations and the first one I saw at night in a rural graveyard spooked me. I've seen some in use for 8 months now & still working.
KC
Lou wrote:

More is better. Newer batteries tend to have larger ratings.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit