Garberators Effect on Sewer Pipes

Page 2 of 2
xrongor wrote:

backup
over
rest
more or

Please humor me then. What is your position on the stuff that goes through the toilet, vis-a-vis its ability to clog the lateral, versus that which goes through the garbage disposal? I didn't see anything related to the toilet in your post, unless when you said "the rest you deal with yourself" you meant you flush your potato peels after you pass them through your intestines. This after all being a discussion of whether a garbage disposal is likely to clog the lateral, I think a comparison between the garby and the toilet is quite apropos, which is why I ask.
%mod%

I should think it'd be obvious that what's gone through your intestines is usually a little less chunky ;-), and much closer to dissolving/ biodegrading completely, than what a garburator pumps into the lateral.
Of course, with a toilet, it's toilet paper that's the main risk. Even so, it's going to disappear faster than, say, a hunk of raw uncooked brocolli stem that's been shredded down to fibrous chunks.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
why is the chicken on the other side of the street?