Garbage Disposal with a Septic Tank

nearly everywhere grandfathers in non complying stuff.

if a disposal had to be removed it would be pretty cheap

Reply to
bob haller

What's the difference, they both screw you :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Some would call you lucky.

Reply to
HeyBub

We're on our 3rd house with septic and never had a disposal. Compost is the answer. Peel those veggies into a single sheet of newspaper and throw it into the compost bin, or garbage if you prefer. I wouldn't install one and also don't throw coffee grounds down the sink either.

Reply to
Joe J

I already did, dummy.

Reply to
krw

If you don't know *that* difference, you must have some marriage!

Reply to
krw

I take it you have never been divorced? :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Once. Since then, I just pick out a woman I don't like and give her half my stuff.

Reply to
HeyBub

Nope (going on 41 years), but that comes under "some marriage", doesn't it?

Reply to
krw

Good grief, you're stupid. ...though all lefties are.

Reply to
krw

First time septic owner. After reading up on it, we do have a disposal unit, however, using it only a little. We put waste veggie matter in a covered crock with a plastic bag liner, which resides on the kitchen counter. If a few pieces fall in the the sink, they get ground up and into the septic they go. Periodically, usually once a day, the crock bag is dumped into the compost bin outside the utility room. If there is big veggie waste, like from squeezing citrus, we put them in an old plastic grocery bag and put it in the freezer. Then it goes in with the garbage, ultimately to the landfill. I know, the plastic is not that good in the landfill, however, they are supposed to be making more biodegradable bags now, but I'm not sure. BTW, and a little OT, one of the local grocery chains here in western NC, gives you $ .05 per bag of groceries if you bring old plastic bags or reusable bags.

Reply to
Art Todesco