Garbage Disposal with a Septic Tank

Page 2 of 2

If you don't know *that* difference, you must have some marriage!

I take it you have never been divorced? :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

Once. Since then, I just pick out a woman I don't like and give her half my stuff.

Nope (going on 41 years), but that comes under "some marriage", doesn't it?

nearly everywhere grandfathers in non complying stuff.
if a disposal had to be removed it would be pretty cheap
On 12/7/2011 10:53 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

We've always had one but don't feed it bulk items like potato peels - just the stuff that escapes the strainer on the sink. Anything that can get put in trash, gets put in trash.

On sewer system here, but that's how I use mine too. After peeling vegs for example, I scoop up the large stuff and it goes in the trash. The remainder gets washed down the disposal.
On 12/8/2011 9:44 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

I almost added that my first house was on a sewer system and I made the mistake of figuring I'd get rid of some smelly crab shells by putting down disposal and I clogged the pipe. Fortunately I got it snaked out without a plumber but learned my lesson that disposals should not be used for bulk garbage disposal.
On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 19:53:51 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

We presently have a disposal installed with the same scenario, city water, on site sewerage, and only tow people. The system was pumped for the first time in eight years this summer.
In a previous house, we had a disposal with and old fashioned cesspool with no drainage field. That one had to be pumped every four to six weeks due to a high, very high, water table. No clue if the disposal ever filled that on up. The water sure did.
__________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
We have a garbage grinder on a septic system and have used it for 22 years w/o a problem for minor organic waste. The tanks have been pumped perhaps four times w/o a problem.
On 12/7/2011 10:53 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

We're on our 3rd house with septic and never had a disposal. Compost is the answer. Peel those veggies into a single sheet of newspaper and throw it into the compost bin, or garbage if you prefer. I wouldn't install one and also don't throw coffee grounds down the sink either.