garbage disposal recommendations

In the market for a new disposal. Would like to keep it under $100.

Was looking at "In-Sink-Erator 1/2 HP Badger 5 Disposer".

Any recommendations or gotchas?

thanks,

Scott

Reply to
Scot

Hi Scott,

Check with Sears on pricing, and go with Stainless steel, no less than 1/2hp.

Back when we were an In-sink-erator dealer, my *cost* for their '333' stainless model was about $125.00. At the same time, Sears was selling the exact model with 'Kenmore' on the nameplate, for $89.00.

(Guess it's pretty obvious why we're no longer with ISE ).

God bless,

Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA

snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com

570-363-2404

I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter. (Back issues now posted here too!)

John 3:3

Reply to
Dave Harnish

Also check Consumer Reports for a good article and comments confirming prior post.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

I installed a Sears stainless steel model, one horse power unit that has a

10 year guarantee. I got mine when they had their % off sales, and with the coupons I had, I got it for around 169 bucks. Most of the so-called contractor models that are sold are pot metal and are 1/2 to 1/4 horse and last 3 to 5 years before they corrode out.

Reply to
Dave

Hi,

ISE makes many of the other brands/names that you will find out there....they are as good and no worse than anything else :) I tend to agree with Dave, nothing under 1/2 HP.

*Some* others under $100.00

Some consumer opinions.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff