garbage disposal recommendations

In the market for a new disposal. Would like to keep it under $100.
Was looking at "In-Sink-Erator 1/2 HP Badger 5 Disposer".
Any recommendations or gotchas?
thanks,
Scott
Hi Scott,
Check with Sears on pricing, and go with Stainless steel, no less than 1/2hp.
Back when we were an In-sink-erator dealer, my *cost* for their '333' stainless model was about $125.00. At the same time, Sears was selling the exact model with 'Kenmore' on the nameplate, for $89.00.
(Guess it's pretty obvious why we're no longer with ISE <grin>).
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter. (Back issues now posted here too!) www.DavesRepair.com
John 3:3

Also check Consumer Reports for a good article and comments confirming prior post.
Joe
I installed a Sears stainless steel model, one horse power unit that has a 10 year guarantee. I got mine when they had their % off sales, and with the coupons I had, I got it for around 169 bucks. Most of the so-called contractor models that are sold are pot metal and are 1/2 to 1/4 horse and last 3 to 5 years before they corrode out.

Hi,
ISE makes many of the other brands/names that you will find out there....they are as good and no worse than anything else :) I tend to agree with Dave, nothing under 1/2 HP.

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?a-1appliance+tSwkBf+ge12hpgardis1.html
http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?a-1appliance+tSwkBf+ge12hpgardis.html
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&Nu3984
*Some* others under $100.00