garbage disposal

I have a problem with the garbage disposal installation. Waste pipe entering the wall is a little (about 1/4") higher than the disposer discharge (centerline to centerline). If I install it like this, there is going to be standing water in the disposer. Is this a big problem?
I can't replace the sink or move the pipe entering the wall. Any suggestions?
This one is KitchenAid, and I looked at other brands if there are any shorter/smaller units, but it seems like most of the disposals have similar dimensions.
hmm. maybe check these out? http://www.joneca.com/specifications.htm

1/4" should not be a problem
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

All the disposals I have seen come with clear diagrams and specifications that show what the various mounting distances are, including the allowed measurements vertically from the disposal discharge to the drain connection. If the one you have can't be used within the manufacturers parameters, if possible, I would take it back and try to find one that does.