Garage remodel

I have a garage about 500 sq ft (pretty square) and I am thinking of converting about about 100 sq ft of that space into a laundry room/mud room/pantry. The garage opens directly into the family room. There is only one power outlet in the garage with amperage enough to support the door opener (1/2 hp).
Currently, my laundry room is adjacent to the kitchen and is the brightest room in the house. I want to make that the breafast area. Seems to me that most new homes are built with a 400 sq ft garage anyways.
Any words of wisdom/gotchas would be appreciated.
Also, is there anything I need to do about the electric outlets? I'll be adding a washer/dryer and a fridge to the garage.

Do it *exactly* the way your wife wants it.
Doc
Are you doing this yourself? You'll need to run plumbing feed and waste line for the washer. A gas line or a 220 line depending on what kind of dryer you have.You'll also need to vent the dryer to the outside.