Garage Paint

What paint or stain is best to use on a garage floor. New house three years old. Couple of stains from oil,trash that leaked out, and god know what. What to clean it up a bit and make it easier when there is a spill to clean it up.
I know it is all in the prep work, will clean and acid etch. But my head is spining from all the products. One part epoxy from Behr, two part kits from Rustolum, concrete stain from Behr and Sherman Williams. Just don't know which will hold up the best. Fred
The Couch Cruncher wrote:

They seem to change the formula from time to time so about all I can suggest is I used a two part epoxy (Rustolum) and it worked fine. Now they have a one part.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
<< What paint or stain is best to use on a garage floor. >>
That's an easy one. For years and years it's been two part epoxies. The one component types aren't even close to the performance you get from the reactive two component types. In addition, the adhesion of two part systems is superior. Makes sense to go with the well proven technology. Cheers,
Joe

The two part epoxy from Griot's garage www.griotsgarage.com/ is the best available.
On 16 Sep 2004 03:18:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@virtua.org (The Couch Cruncher) wrote:

Have you considered vinyl tile?
Check this out http://www.garage-tile.com /
I've had two tiled garages and they have been great
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Here's another choice:
http://www.racedeck.com /
I just put installed it in my shop and like it alot.
-- Doug
Looks interesting, but I couldn't find on the Web site anything about cost and where to buy it.
MB
On 09/18/04 12:07 pm Douglas Johnson put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

I got it from:
http://www.zainomobiledetail.com/racedeck/fastdeck_floors.html
Here's another: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rodi/racdecmodflo.html
-- Doug