Garage Package / Kit for Workshop

Hi;

Starting this spring, I want to build a detached garage / workshop in my backyard. I am hoping to buy a package that will come with the plans and all the materials. I will sub out the concrete and build the garage myself. Any reccomendations for providers of said kits? Any idea of the cost for around 26*32? Any and all advice would be much appreciated. If you have recently built a garage and want to send me some pics, that would be great!

Have a nice christmas. Pat

Reply to
komobu

I recently built a 26x30 attached garage. I would not really call it a 'kit', but any decent lumber yard should be able to give you a close estimate of the cost of materials if you tell them what size, roof pitch, doors, siding, etc you want. I think my initial estimates were somewhere around $6,000.

That of course was using 2x4 walls, cheap doors, and cheap roofing. In the end, I went with 2x6 walls, insulated garage doors, really nice maintence-free exterior doors, and good 30-year roofing. I also completely wired it and insulated and finished the inside. It turned out really nice, just what I wanted. In the end I think I spent about 11K on it.

In any case, get an estimate and just add 10-20 percent. Stuff ALWAYS seems to cost more than you thought, and take longer to get done than you want. In the end it will be worth it tho. Good luck!

J.A. Michel

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Any reccomendations for providers of said kits?

Look at

there are some plans there that can give you a good idea. Take any plan to any good lumber store and they can give you a price.

Good luck,

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek