Garage Floor Slab Question

Greetings:
I bought my house 2 years ago, but it is 30 years old. I have noticed that the lip of the concrete slab of the garage floor (where it meets the ashphalt driveway) is starting to crack and chip. Nothing serious yet, but I'd like to get on top of this ASAP.
Any advice on how to stop the damage?
Dave
Lip? My garage floor has no lip, just a smooth transition from concrete to asphalt. Raise you asphalt to match the garage floor? -B

Perhaps a poor choice of words. The part that comes out of the garage to meet the asphalt is shaped like a wedge. The floor angles down until it meets the outside driveway.
Dave

Dave Gallant wrote:

I call mine the 'apron'. I have some underground springs under my driveway and have a problem with the asphalt heaving during the winter to where there is a 1" to 1 1/2" high lip at the joint between the asphalt and concrete apron. My apron does not chip, but the edge of the asphalt does chip off, though.

Raising the outside surface to match the inside is likely to allow water flow into the garage.
O.P. needs to provide a better description of the size and kind of chipping & cracking.
TB
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (Tom Baker) wrote in message

Basically, there are small chips and flakes of the concrete starting to come off of the slab where it meets the asphalt.
Dave