Garage Floor Efflorescence

My garage floor looks ugly because of spotty efflorescence, recurring especially in winter. It disappears when I power-wash it but after a few weeks it recurs. I have also washed it with mild acid which, too, makes is go away for a while.

My home is 30 years old. There are no cracks in the floor. The white stuff just does not look right.

Can I paint over this stuff with epoxy, or cover it up somehow?

Anyone has the same problem and solved it?

Reply to
Walter E.

philo

In addition googling "painting over efflorescence" will produce a lot of info. The efflorescence is minerals leaching through the concrete via moisture from below. I've never tried to paint anything that had it, but I would suspect that it's likely the paint will fail as the process continues under the new paint.

Reply to
trader_4