Garage Doors

Which reactions? Some are, some aren't.

How much higher or lower in temp? One percent warmer in an unheated garage? You think that matters?

Aqueous kinetics have more to do with corrosion rates than temperature, and the differential exposure is overwhelming.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Joe M is right as he usualy is , but it depends on the area, location, sun exposure etc and the Garage, mine had no vents and held moisture, now I put them in and it is great.

Overall a dry garage reduces rubber rot, sun exposure and moisture damage- we must include good garages, built for cars in this equasion , many are crap-many are good. A car in a good garage will last longer, in a crap garage less. Few are equal

Reply to
m Ransley

Kinchbug,

If you leave your car inside the garage for the entire winter and never take it outside, it is better for the car.

However, most people want to be able to USE their car, which means it keeps getting rewetted and salted with fresh stuff. That means that the relative dryness of the garage means almost nothing, and the warmer temps accelerate corrosion. The car rarely gets the chance to dry out completely. It just rusts faster due to the higher temps.

Keep drinking that WD-40 you say is a health drink. It will keep your insides protected from corrosion.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

Yes. But the question is what defines a good garage. You didn't say whether the temp should be above or below freezing.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

You claimed this before, and I won't repeat my rebuttal.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Because it is plain for all to see, that I am correct, and your rebuttal is worthless. Get yourself a new monkey, and go back to organ grinding, Kinchy.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

As I said, asked and answered.