Garage door won't open

Well, today after some heavy rain and a power outage, the garage door won't open at all, using the keypad. The remote never worked with it. When I type in the keycode and hit Enter, all I hear is a little 'clunk' coming from inside the garage. Any idea what this could be and what could have happened? Thanks and all the best, Chris

Well, I open the garage with the key and when I hit the switch from the inside, all the damn thing does is go 'clunk' and thats it.. It must have gotten fried during the storm I guess..
Check the spring. I have similar problem and noticed that spring was broken. Spring help garage door opener and without it garage will not open. If spring is broken, you will see more than one peace...
Regards,

Thanks, I took a look and all the springs are a-ok.. When I hit the button, all I hear is just one little clunk or click coming from the opener.. Chris
If you need to replace it I HIGHLY RECCOMEND the following: http://tinyurl.com/yqya7
Put one in a few weeks ago and it ROCKS.
Coconut wrote:

Thanks for the URL, but which model are you pointing me to? The URL takes me to Lowes, then tells me it can't find the product after I enter my zipcode.. Many thanks, Chris
sorry... search for "idrive"... absolutely fantastic...
Coconut wrote:

Thanks very much, I'll have a look! Chris

Chris, I think door went too far and you are now jammed. see FAQ 4 http://home.comcast.net/~froarty572/openfaq.htm#12 Frank

Thanks Frank, I'll have to take a look, that is, if I can get up there..My garage has a cathedral ceiling and its REAL high. There isn't anyplace to lean the ladder against either, except for the opener itself. if the ladder can even go that high. Right now the door is disengaged and I don't hear the motor trying to work at all, just a tiny little clunk is all I get when I hit the keypad or remote. Maybe a friend can come this weekend and help me out with this damn thing..:) Thanks again and all the best, Chris

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................
"After a power outage" Guess what, it's not gonna work at all, until the power goes back on. Those little batteries in the remote, ONLY WORK THE REMOTE, NOT THE DOOR !!!!
Geeessshhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!
--
By the way, most of those openers have a rope you can pull to release
it, then you can open the door with your muscles. You see, back when

There isn't any reset button on most garage door openers. I would suspect there is something wrong w/ the circuit board since it happened during a storm. The contacts on the relays (there are 3, open, close, & the light) may have fused together (if there isn't obvious burn marks on the board) so the opener is actually trying to run in both directions at the same time. Another possibility is the motor capacitor may be bad & not giving enough power for the motor to start although this is normally an age problem & not a storm problem.
Doordoc www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

Good responses mean minds are at work. Mine is at work right now. I'll come and open that door for you. Tell me the address. I'll even do it without using my muscles. In fact, I got a deal for you. Send me a check for $99.99, plus travel expenses, and $299.99 shipping and handling. This will be money well spent, because I'll not only open your door, but I'll make you an extra door for free. Here's what I'll do..........
I'll come with my pickup truck, with my 12X36 inch DUAL I-beam bumper. I'll drive right thru you door, knocking it right off the frame, thus opening the door. (Now comes the good part). You dont want that nasty ugly old door laying on the garage floor, so I'll just keep right on driving thru the back wall of the garage, thus pushing the door out the back, and in the process, I'll create a spare door in back, in case the front one gets stuck again, plus it will be a place where the energizer bunny can go in and out freely.
Do we have a deal?
Note: For an additional $19,999.99, I'll bring a bulldozer, and get rid of the entire garage. That will save you from having to fuss with any more doors, and you can enter the "garage" from anywhere.
Official government statement of disclaimer. This is America. In America, everything ends with 99 cents for those people who would otherwise bitch that they had to spend another buck, instead of the much cheaper 99 cents. Also, your well educated, elected (except for the president), officials will be happy to take that extra cent, and about 50% more for what we call taxes. That money will be used to provide caviar, lobster tail, and exclusive accomodations at a luxury hotel, complete with a spa, for our enjoyment. Thank you from your friendly politicians !!!!

Geezus christ, you must be really bored..LOL