Garage Door Transmitters - Givaways

I'll email you directly.

Re my email address: I didn't realize that it must not always show up as a "from:" in the header of a newsgroup post. I don't use Google Groups much, so I didn't notice that a poster's email addresses probably doesn't show.

I munged my email address for newsgroups years ago by inserting "DUMPTHIS" in it to try and minimize the amount of spam I receive from robot spammers.

Jeff

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

It didn't show up for me either until I hit reply, then it was there.

Reply to
gfretwell

I'm using SeaMonkey and Giganews for my newsgroup efforts and I see a header on every post giving me:

Subject:.... From: (Poster's email address) Date and time: Newsgroup name:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

It doesn't show for me even when I reply to Jeff's posts in GG. I see it in your post because it showed up for you and was then quoted along with the rest of the text.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

People bitch at us Google Groupers, but I don't worry about it. Let 'em bitch.

I can't install a newsreader at work, so I'm forced to use GG during the day (unless I want to actually work).

Since GG keeps track of what I've read, I can log into any browser on any computer or my iPad or phone and pick up right where I left off, at work, at home or on the road.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Ancient Agent here.

Reply to
gfretwell

Google keeps track of what everyone read.

I used to set the "no archive" bit in my news reader but Google won't show those posts at all. I guess they can't be trusted not to archive them. I turned it off because several GG folks complained

Reply to
gfretwell

OK, three of the four GDO remotes are on their way to folks from this group who can use them them. I still have one Craftsman remote with 9 dip switches inside. If anyone else needs it send me your address and $5 through PayPal to cover the packaging and USPS postage and it's yours.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia