Garage Door Transmitters - Givaways

Page 2 of 2

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Re my email address: I didn't realize that it must not always show up as a "from:" in the header of a newsgroup post. I don't use Google Groups much, so I didn't notice that a poster's email addresses probably doesn't show.
I munged my email address for newsgroups years ago by inserting "DUMPTHIS" in it to try and minimize the amount of spam I receive from robot spammers.
Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

It didn't show up for me either until I hit reply, then it was there.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: <snipped>

header on every post giving me:
Subject:.... From: (Poster's email address) Date and time: Newsgroup name:
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 4:49:33 PM UTC-4, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

People bitch at us Google Groupers, but I don't worry about it. Let 'em bitch.
I can't install a newsreader at work, so I'm forced to use GG during the day (unless I want to actually work).
Since GG keeps track of what I've read, I can log into any browser on any computer or my iPad or phone and pick up right where I left off, at work, at home or on the road.
On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:21:23 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Google keeps track of what everyone read.
I used to set the "no archive" bit in my news reader but Google won't show those posts at all. I guess they can't be trusted not to archive them. I turned it off because several GG folks complained
On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:49:20 -0400, Jeff Wisnia

Ancient Agent here.
On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 4:37:37 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It doesn't show for me even when I reply to Jeff's posts in GG. I see it in your post because it showed up for you and was then quoted along with the rest of the text.
OK, three of the four GDO remotes are on their way to folks from this group who can use them them. I still have one Craftsman remote with 9 dip switches inside. If anyone else needs it send me your address and $5 through PayPal to cover the packaging and USPS postage and it's yours.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)