Garage door torsion spring replacement

Noticed one side is broken, but common sense tells me I should have someone replace both of them. System was installed in '92. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for what it will cost to replace the springs (and probably the tension lines running from the bottom of each door side to the pulleys at the top of the door frame?
thanks, Phil
Probably just replace the 2 springs. About $150- $200 depending on where you live. There are some crooks out there. Watch out for full page yellow pages ads shouting $30 for service call. They will say you need every hinge replaced at a price that could get you a new door. Around me, Wayne Dalton repairs all brands and guarantees for a year. I had them fix a gear on an opener once. 6 months later a spring broke on the same door. They only charged me for the spring.... free labor because they had fixed the opener 6 months earlier. Can't beat that.

Phil Morgan writes:

http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm
See http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/springs.htm
--

Support the Minutemen at:
http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/linktous.php

most service companiues today are charging something for travel because of the cost of gasoline... try to fiond someone close by if you can
All of this is excellent advice. Thanks so much to all of you.
Phil