Garage door to basement

Hi,
Is there some requirement that the garage door to the house (eg basement) needs to be 4 inches above the garage floor? My current door is 3inches above. Apparently this is because of some carbonmonoxide concern. Any info on this would be appreciated.
Thanks.. A

I find no requirement in International Residential Code 2003 for a change in floor level. Floor is to slope to drain liquids to drain. Door is to be solid core wood 1/38" thick, steel door, or 20 minute rated door. Wall is to be made of 1/2" gypsum board. Ceiling between garage and habitable room above is to include 5/8" gypsum board. T
guruocont wrote:

I suggest you check with your local code enforcement agency. It may vary from place to place.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

I don't know what the code is, but all of the garage doors that I have seen in New Jersey lately seem to be 6" - 8" above the garage floor. I think this is to prevent gasoline fumes, which lay low, from entering the house.