Garage Door stuck in the open position-help!

My Overhead door model 555 sticks in the open position. It seems like the unit is not sensing when it is all the way open and it goes too far and gets stuck. I have tried lubing it up etc and no luck. Is there a way to retrain it to not open so far? Is there a sensor that tells it stop before opening too far?

Yes there are limit switches on the track, on the models I am familiar with. See if the rear limit switch is almost back to the motor. Look for an indentation where it belongs.
SQLit wrote:

Or relay which is controlled by the limit switch. Tony
Thanks I will check for both!

Check your electric eye beam at the bottom. It may have been bumped and misaligned or too dirty to get a positive read.