Garage Door sticking with the opener.

After 9 years, my metal garage door is rather tight. I can close it manually alright by pulling down, but when the GDO is pushing it, it reaches a point, sticks, bows up the screw and rail for the screw, and returns. This may have to do with the dry summer, a little settling, I don't know.
I want to try lubricating a little, but seem to remember this is a general no-no, but I remember a post that suggested wax or something in the rails for the wheels? If not wax, what can I use to smooth it up a little to get it hopefully over the hump?
I plan to get a garage door company out at some point to fix them up in general (we have two single car doors, actually) but need an interum plan until I actually see money again.
Thanks in advance,
--
Maury French
snipped-for-privacy@HAMNOSPAMcmf-enterprises.com

I have used parafin wax (the type used for sealing jelly and jam in glass jars) for years. I apply it to the edges of the doors and the door jam. Usually once a year is adequate. I've never lubricated the skate wheels or the guides.
Regards,
John