Garage door remote

A couple of months ago I posted about a problem getting my Overhead Door remote to stay adjusted. It is a single button 360mhz version. The problem centered around the tuning slug being loose and suggestions here included adding a piece of rubber band and also threaded wax. Now the remote works if I adjust the slug each time while holding down the button. Funny part is it doesn't hold the new adjustment. Every time I use it I must "re-tune" it and not always in the same direction. It varies in CW and CCW and degrees of turn.
Now I notice on the pc board an adjustment button marked "Learn". This makes me think a programming method might apply to keep the tuned slug to one frequency. What do you think? Bill
--
Bill W.

maybe replacement? cost around $25 such as: (Amazon.com product link shortened)"8013