Garage door question

The connection where the opener arm attaches to the door is not as secure as I would like. It was fine, but a spring broke and things got quite stressed more than it should. It is no longer possible to get the bolts as tight as I would like into the door.
I am considering a steel plate on the outside and bolt it though the plate. That should function well enough. (Note per the instructions there is a steel angle as a brace under the opener arm on the inside of the door now. The door itself seems solid and everything is functioning OK.
I am also considering this as an opportunity to just replace my two doors with something a little nicer and with windows.
Any suggestions or comments?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
They make a bracket just for this purpose which is much stronger & better. One source & pictures of the bracket can be found here:
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com/operator-brackets.html (I am not associated w/ the site in any manner, but it is a nice site that's easy to use)
Through bolts thru the door isn't going to help a whole lot, plus the door will not look all that great from the outside.
Doordoc

Our garage door has the window panel in the next to top position making watching outside while working in the garage a pleasure. Just had an oversize two car garage built to use a woodshop and did the same with that door. Slick!
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:28:06 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

On Mar 17, 7:53�am, snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

I too like windows in door.
If your uin a hurricane area get ones that are hurricane safe. They prevent the door blowing out which leads to overall home destruction.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:
..

Thanks for the comment. I don't think I will need worry about hurricane safe, it has been a long time since we had a hurricane in Ohio, but with global warming and rising sea levels, maybe ...
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Tanks everyone for your suggestions and comments.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit