Garage Door Problems

Hello everyone, I have a garage with two separate identical doors, and am having a similar binding problem with both. What happens, is about 16 inches from the floor, going up or down, the door binds up, and I have to force it up, or down, and when I do, I hear a bang coming from the torsion spring. Once I hear the bang, it goes up/down perfectly. I checked the track alignment on both doors, and found the track out of adjustment at one of the doors causing a bind to one of the rollers, adjusted this, and no difference. Do I need to replace the torsion springs, (something broken internally maybe?) or is there an adjustment I can do? I watched the whole torsion spring shaft while lifting and when it bangs and binds, the shaft moves sideways about 3/4 of an inch. I cant really see any bolts or anything that have loosened and gotten in the way of the pulley, and the cables are in good shape and straight, and look to be riding on the pulleys like they should. Any suggestions?? Thanks for the help.
-------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 23, 8:54 pm, daytrepperaz_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (daytrepper) wrote:

Have you tried lubricating the shaft bushings?
Add pictures here
✖
Molly Brown wrote:

And lubricated the spring itself? Sounds like a rusty spring to me.
Add pictures here
✖
In

I don't think a rusty spring would do that based on the horizontal movement of the shaft as it moves to the side and then bangs when there is enough pressure to overcome whatever is blocking/binding it. On the other hand I have little experience with torsion springs other than to say beware: They can be pretty dangerous to work on.
But I've nothing further of any assistance. I'd say a call to Overhead Door or whoever is nearby might be in order if no one here can pin it down from their own experience.
HTH,
Twayne`
Add pictures here
✖
http://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instructions/troubleshooting.php
http://www.wikihow.com/Maintain-and-Troubleshoot-Your-Garage-Door-and-Opener
http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infgar/infgar1b.html
In

Add pictures here
✖
The Homeowners Hub site is not a help forum. It's an *advertising* forum that invades real forums (like "alt.home.repair", part of "usenet") parasitically in order to generate free advertising for itself, which continually advances its search engine placement, thereby increasing its own revenue through its click- through advertising commissions.
So the first thing you should do is write them an email and tell them to quit spamming.
Then try to find your way here through proper channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet" and post the regular way.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus