Garage door panel not vertical

Page 2 of 2
On 2/15/2012 4:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Well, maybe the technician/installer adjusted the trim to match when he was done.
Never say never... :)
On 2/15/2012 5:49 PM, dpb wrote:

depending upon what the installer did, the door may be exactly like the last one, just that you are now noticing it. On the top panel you have an adjustable roller, that adjustment may be all you need to send that top panel plum. But, if you have a very low ceiling, you may be stuck with it. Some adjustments can be made, but, from the sound of it you may have to live with it. As long as you don't hear buckles or binds you are fine. No problems...

So he bent the side stop too?
On 2/15/2012 7:08 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

No grok "side stop"...
But, pretty much "whoosh", no matter...

Okay, the installer came out today. He looked at it. He noticed the slight tilt, but also said it was almost unnoticeable. He said that he couldn't see anything he could do with the garage door that would adjust the slight tilt. He said that there is a thin beam (strip of wood) across the top of the garage door (too far back) that is making it close further back, making the tilt. A builder situation. He said that it might have been there with the previous door, that we just didn't notice it. Basically he was saying that there was nothing he could do.
He presisted. He said that the only thing he could think of doing was trying to move that strip of wood forward. I said to go for it. He pried that strip of wood off, then moved it forward and nailed it down. Then he said he adjusted the genie a bit forward (I didn't see what he did there).
He tried the door a few times. It seems better.
It seems the thin strip of wood, that is the top of the door, just needed to be moved forward.
I wonder what you guys think abou this.

I think unless you have pics so we can see what it looks like, it's impossible to say more. And if it looks good enough for you, that's what really matters.
On 2/18/2012 3:31 AM, Senin wrote: ...

If it was hitting there and before plumb of the rest of the track, then that implies it must have been there before as well (and as another said, you never noticed until the new door brought your attention to it).
Sounds like did what was needed.

No, when mine was installed the installer noticed the same thing and placed some shims between the roller and the door to correct. Must be a common problem because the shims were cut to fit the footprint of the rollers.
Jimmie