Garage Door Paint: Oil or Latex?

My question is similar to that of Puddin' Man's below. I also have non-insulated metal garage doors (probably aluminum) with original factory finish. They're nine years old and have become chalky. We live in the desert southwest, and the doors get about 6-7 hours of sun (depending on the season).
We contacted two professional painters. One said we should definitely use an oil-based (alkyd) paint because it will hold up better with our heat and sun. The second painter said we should definitely use acrylic (latex) paint, because oil paint dries rigid and, since the aluminum doors have a slight "give" to them, the oil paint would end up getting hairline cracks. He said acylic would be better since it's more flexible.
Does anybody have experience with oil paint cracking on metal garage doors? Any other comments?
Thanks... Steve

as it heats up in the sun. Do yourself a favor and add some Flotrol to the paint. It will brush out easier, level better, and leave fewer brush marks.
Rustoleum:)
Made for this application!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

do you think the op should do something about removing existing oxidation before painting, if so what would you reccomend?
sosessyithurts wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

metal primer, oil enamel. Lasted the 8+ years that I lived in that house after painting. West facing door.
> Does anybody have experience with oil paint cracking on metal garage

Take the door down and have an auto bodyshop paint it.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I've had good luck using the auto body shop at the local vocational high school.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

hell why stop there, he could get them to air brush some nude women on the door too