See:

From: "Ray" Newsgroups: alt.home.repair Subject: Garage Door Opener - What's Best Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:21:03 -0700

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I have a Genie screwdrive opener that is around 18 years old. It may be somewhat noisier than the other drive types, but it has needed no service other than infrequent greasing. In terms of the noise level, the the door tracks and rollers produce more, albeit without the steady frequency of the screwdrive. Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+

Gary Dyrkacz

Reply to
Dave