Garage door openers: generic remotes, defeating the electric eye

Awl--
Is is possible to get generic remote openers, like the generic remotes for TV/VCRs? LiftMaster and the local dealer are banging me hard for add'l remotes.
Is it possible to defeat the electric eye? Mine are causing trouble, replacements are not cheap, and kids/pets are not an issue.
TIA. -- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll
Add pictures here
✖
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:

I bought an extra remote for our Craftsman door when our daughter got her own car. Cost me $20.
http://www.aaaremotes.com/liftmaster61lm.html
They say they have compatible Liftmaster remotes too.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
✖
✖
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:

Check at your local Lowes or HD. You should find one there.

Why not just fix it. They are generally not a problem. (note: just because you don't have kids or a dog does not mean your neighbor does not.)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
✖
With my late fathers place we just placed the electric eyes up in the rafters, close together. Never an issue. He hated them dang things.
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:58:54 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"

Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@nothere.com wrote:

Keep in mind that if someone was injured it could mean a lot to their attorney if you had disabled the mandated safety feature. Even if you feel safe doing it, I don't believe it is a good idea.
I have had two openers since the early 70's on two different garages. Not once did any of the electric eyes malfunction. I might add that it did save my girlfriends car a couple of times when she did not have it far enough into the garage.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
✖
That's the way mine are also. 1" apart right above the opener mounted on the ceiling.
--
Steve Barker

< snipped-for-privacy@nothere.com> wrote in message
✖
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:

http://www.1stdooropeners.com/liftmaster/remotes.htm
this site has all sorts of gdo parts / acessories
yes, it is possible.
But they should work just by adjusting & cleaning,
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖