garage door openers

I have a Sear garage door opener which has lights on the unit that go on when the door opener is activated. The lights on the door opener are upposed to go out after 4 1/2 minutes, but they don't. There is a light switch button on the garage door control console. I can turn the lights off by pressing this button. However, 4 1/2 minutes later, the lights come on again. The troubleshooting indicates that the Light Feature should be turned off. Any ideas as to what the problem is. I would like to get these lights working properly, but it seems a waste of electrivity to have the lights on all the time.

Reply to
PeteXX

Try turning the plug over.

Reply to