GARAGE DOOR OPENERS

OK, it's probably a silly question, but this is my first house with a garage-door opener. One of the two remotes is missing. I'm concerned about someone I don't know using the missing remote to access my garage without my knowledge. Is there any way to "deprogram" the existing remotes or perhaps just purchase two new ones and "re-program" the system to accept them?? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
BrianInNY

If it's the older style with dip switches, just change the code. If it's the newer style without switches, then I have the same question.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

What kind of opener? Surf online to find a manual for it. If it has dip-switches, then change them. If it has "intellicode", then re-learn the remote(s) you have to the opener. This will exclude the missing remote.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

What brand? Model?

Reply to
Rich256

Heh!

We had a local TV crew troll residential neighborhoods with a generic opener. They were able to open about 1 in 20 garage doors from the street.

Fortunately, there are no recorded instances of thieves being as smart as TV reporters.

Reply to
HeyBub

Sure is possible --- if you told us who made the unit.

Reply to
Bob M.