Garage Door opener will not open/close

I have a Sears Craftsman opener that was working fine this morning, but opened this afternoon and would not close. I checked the alignment of the sensors and both were fine. When I press the wired or remote opener, all I hear is a clicking noise with no movement of the chain. I disengaged the door and still have the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks
Schief wrote:

Try moving the door manually (open the release) and then reset the release. See if that helps.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Schief wrote:

Make sure a spider or other critter hasn't taken up residence in the "eye" that receives the beam from the other side of the door frame...if the eye is obstructed the door won't come down because it thinks it will hit something. Shouldn't matter trying to close it manually though...
--

dadiOH