Garage door opener remotes question

Are Overhead (same as Genie?) remotes compatible with Chamberlain openers?
Thanks
Jack S wrote:

They are not even totally compatible with different models of their own brand.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
It is my personal belief that in the rolling code units, all the remotes are interchangeable. After all, you can buy a universal one that works with all units. My OH door remotes will work with a sears unit we have at a rental unit.
--
Steve Barker

"Jack S" < snipped-for-privacy@43.com> wrote in message

Not unless the box or the web site says so. "Universal" remotes are designed to be so, but those made by (or for) a particular company probably only work on their own stuff. (Much like TV remotes)
TV's don't "learn" their remotes.
--
Steve Barker