Garage Door Opener Question

I have two 9 foot Raynor Model 170-7 1/3 HP chain-drive garage door openers (both of which are in excellent condition); they were installed in 1994. The receiver/transmitters originally installed were manufactured by Intercontinental Dynamic Corp. are are know as the ESP Micom Universal Transmitter and Receiver.

Frankly, I've never liked the transmitters, and would like to install a new receiver/transmitter system on the existing openers. The existing receiver electrically connects to the opener's terminal strip with spade lugs on the receiver. What options do I have?

Thanks, Don

Reply to
Don

sears sells replacement transmitters and control box receiver which can connect to your openers.

but at the age of your openers you might be better off replacing them espically if they dont have the infrared safety detectors that look for obstructions at about 6 inches off the ground

Reply to
hallerb

Yes, they do have the infrared sensors at the 6 inch level from the garage floor. The openers have hardly been used, as we have only started to use our garage for cars in the last couple of years! Sound familiar??

Reply to
Don

last time I looked at replacement control sets they cost over half the price of a new opener.

parts always cost more than a new whatever.....

Reply to
hallerb

the new radio security is improved on a new opener. try the rubber belt driven model it's really much quieter than the chain model.

Reply to
buffalobill

Well, with the help of Google, I've answered my own question. I bought a LiftMaster Security + rolling code receiver with transmitter (remote control) which interfaces perfectly with the Raynor operator. I was able to purchase a separate receiver & transmitter for each door for $45 each, much less than new operators.

Reply to
Don

Don Contact me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com so I can help you. Anthony at Anthonys Door Systems

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

g.a.miller