garage door opener problem/question

I've been having some problems with my garage door opener (Overhead Door Python2).

I opened it up and saw that a plastic housing was broken so I got a replacement part and installed it.

However, now the thing is cycling a few inches forward and then reversing back a few inches, instead of operating the full-length of the rail.

It's doing this even while detached from the garage door itself, so it's not some binding or torqueing problem.

Anybody have any suggestions? (Other than using a sledgehammer on it, that is).

Thanks

Reply to
Jack S

Jack S inspired greatness with: