Garage Door opener - new problem to me!

Recently the door would occasionally reverse when closing. Yesterday I couldn't make it close by pulling on it (figured the tension might be wrong). Disconnect and it would almost fall shut so no friction problem. Been awhile so I cleaned the IR sender/sensor. Closed. Aha! fixed it...nope. Did the same this morning. Tested the indicator light - yep, it is seeing the sendor. Cleaned again, door still won't close. Was just heading for the house when I noticed this little bitty sprig of cheatgrass with a flimsy head on it leaning in the door. Picked it and door fixed! That explained why it was intermittent - depended on how the breeze was blowing. It may have degraded the signal by about 50% which was apparently enough.
Harry K
> Was just heading for the house when I noticed this little bitty

Ha! (Added to my apparently endless list of "problems caused by vegetation too close to structure").
Michael Thomas Paragon Home Inspection LLC, Chicago IL mdtATparagoninspectsDOTcom
Harry K wrote:

occasion and confirmed one time that it was caused by a spider. My guess is that the movement of the door caused vibrations which were transmitted to the sensor and sometimes they prompted it to move in a direction which blocked the beam. So now I suck up all the little critters that prefer those corners along with their webs a few times a year with the shop-vac.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
John McGaw wrote:

Stray light from sun does wonders some times too.
Tony Hwang wrote:

Oh yeah, BTDT have the T-shirt. That was one of the trouble shooting things I checked while working on it.
Harry K