Garage Door Opener - More HP ok???

We have a 7ft high x 16ft wide steel garage door. the old opener was a 1/3 HP chain driven and has just plain worn out. I bought a Craftsman 3/4 HP chain driven with extra goodies.
I am all about more HP but am now wondering if --- is there is such a thing as TO MUCH HP for a garage door opener???
Any opinions appreciated before I put up the new 3/4HP opener.
Thanks much.
Sears horsepower are a rather elastic term. For example many Sears products will develop the rated HP if dropped from 20,000 ft but only at the moment of impact.
Base the real HP on how much current it draws. You should have no worry just make sure the safety stops work.
Rick2950 wrote:

Rick2950 writes:

Horsepower is irrelevant as regards the door actually opening and closing. The smaller motors are just geared down more. All more horsepower does is move it *faster*.