Garage door opener help

Page 2 of 3
On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:51:27 -0700, "Julie Bove"

It wasn't properly programmed. The seller SHOULD have provided you with the manual with progctions. Some have an "abreviated" closing mode where you only need to touch one or 2 buttons to close. I believe it was a feature on a very few keypads. Your dealer/installer SHOULD have explained it to you.

He was a total idiot and ass. I had just gotten out of the hospital and was very ill and weak. I couldn't stay out there and watch him. He just kept leaving again and again and didn't put things right. I spent hours and hours all through the day and night trying to get the company to answer the phone. I didn't even think to ask for the manuals but from what I read online, this unit is a bitch to reprogram.
But... None of this would explain why when I put in the 2 digits, it would start to close and then reopen. At any rate, this guy didn't know what he was doing at all.
If there are any more problems, I will not call this place again. I will call my bro's neighbor. Yes, I'll have to pay. But I don't care.
On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:00:55 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Lots of older "garages" are too small for a car, but the garage door makes it easy to get the bikes, snowblower, lawnmower, and garbage cans in and out. As for the daughter -- mabee she can't be trusted not to lose the key????

I don't really want her climbing ladders. She had a stress fracture in her back and then some problems following that. Husband and I are both disabled but in different ways. Neither of us should climb a ladder but... In looking it up online, the reprogramming is done totally at the Clicker itself and not the garage door opener. But the three reviewers said it was a PITA to try to reprogram so I don't want to try.

he did. You just don't know this OP.

No he did not. You don't know the installer. He wouldn't even answer his phone after they told him to come out here. I suspect it is because he did not like me. And he knows that I did not like him. Especially after he tried to scam me out of some money that my husband had already paid him. And because they had to keep sending him back again and again to put the job right. It still isn't right but it was as good as I was going to get.

No, nothing at all. It is an unbelievable experience with her over at rec.food.cooking, and you have had only a "taste" of it here with her.
Just leave her be and she may go away.

I wish you'd go away. I did ask about specific things and so far nobody I have asked has had an answer. I suppose I could try calling support again but when I had to do that for the clips I spent several hours on the phone being bounced from wrong department to wrong department.
On 9/21/2014 2:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

Julie, the only reason you got bounced around from department to department was sheer vindictiveness. There are folks at Chamberlain who have it in for their co-workers. What better way to ruin their day than to foist a drama queen like on them?
Julie Bove wrote:

Hmm. I think you are always wrong. Dumb question brings a;lways dumb answer and that is always free of course, LOL!

You have no idea. At least here people catch on quick. Elsewhere she tosses a few grenades and the reverberations last for weeks.

There is nothing to catch on to. Everything I have said is the truth but nothing about this makes any sense to me. My friends were freaking out about it and telling me to change the passcode. Yeah, the tech. knows it but I can't figure out how to do it and I'm pretty sure nobody else could figure it out given the confusing online instructions. So... I'd still have to call another tech. to change it. Plus, we are not wealthy and we have nothing really of value in here.
On Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:16:08 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:

Can you find the model number by matching your opener, including its accessories (keypad, remotes, wall console), to a picture at HomeDepot.com, Sears.com, or Amazon.com?
You can get instructions from Chamberlain's website, but I think that requires specifying the model number. However Sears.com sells both Chamberlain and Sears Craftsman brand openers (made by Chamberlain) and has user manuals available on each model's web page.
You can change the PIN of the keypad unit without pressing the purple button on the overhead unit if you can get the current PIN to work: Enter the current PIN, then press and hold # until the overhead unit blinks or clicks. Then enter the new PIN and hit ENTER. With my Chamberlain, you don't normally press # after entering the PIN, and the PIN can be only 4 digits, not 5 or 6.
With some models you can also program the other remotes without pressing the purple button on the overhead unit, provided the wall console has more than one button. Some require pressing and holding the LIGHT button and then then the open/close button, while other consoles have a LEARN button, possibly hidden behind a swing-up lid:
http://i.sears.com/s/d/pdf/mp-tc/spinpdf/spin_prod_1009154912
http://download.sears.com/own/spin_prod_660159701.pdf
However the following model does not allow configuring the remotes through the wall console because it has only one button:
http://download.sears.com/own/spin_prod_683911801.pdf It may be possible that installing a multi-button wall console will allow programming the remotes through it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the overhead unit isn't designed for that.
If you phone Chamberlain, beware that they have 3 levels of employees: installers, technicians, and senior technicians, and you probably want to speak with one of the last two.
snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Hi, Don't bother, save your time. She has a mental problem, enjoys playing game with all of us here.
On Sunday, September 21, 2014 8:34:27 AM UTC-7, Tony Hwang wrote:

The return of the Sputnik Forces?

No I don't but for sure I am out of here. I don't need this.

You will think that I am stupid but I don't know what the PIN is. Would this be the passcode minus the last two zeros?
On Sunday, September 21, 2014 9:47:31 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

NO!!!

I have been begging the folks over in a food group to just ignore this one. I personally think she is made up, as her stories never make sense, her threads lack consistency, and her posts seem designed to stir things up to no end.
Save A.H.R. Don't respond to this one, or to those suckers who respond to her.

BINGO!
When I see

OH MAN, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING THERE!