Garage door opener died

The plastic drive gear went out on my garage door opener, but otherwise it was working fine. I bought a gear kit and had someone install it. Now the motor won't work at all. It's just dead. Is there some sort of reset switch or anything that needs to be done? Any other advice?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hmmm, You mean that someone took off even without checking to see if it's working all right?
No, he knew it wasn't working, just didn't know what to do about it.

On 27 Jan 2007 21:10:06 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Then he owes you an opener.
He probably forgot to plug the wiring harness back into the circuit board. He might have knocked a wire off the capacitor. Who knows.. You didn't even say what kind of operator it is, what lights (if any) are on (sensors, button, LED's on the board).
It's a Craftsman 1/2HP. There is a light on it. There is power to the circuit board, but not the capacitor. What should I look for?