Garage Door Opener..??

I've got a garage door about 3 years old. It's got 2 "openers", but recently the door has failed to open when I've "click" it. At first it was just every few times, but then I noted the door would open only if I clicked from a few houses away while driving up to my house. But.., now the damn thing isn't working at all. I've changed out the batteries twice with no improvement. Does the garage unit change frequencies.., or slide around a little.., or what..? Thanks in advance..!! Mike..!!

Reply to
Mike

Hi. Opener has a pig tail antenna. Maybe it is loose or fell out. I don't open door from few houses away for security reason. Some one may roll inside while you do that. Haven't you heard that? Would be robber will jump into your garage while you do that in the dark evening. Or maybe you live in crime free neighborhood?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

The new openers have a pseudo random code generator for security. The codes in the opener and in the remote change after each use in a pseudo random fashion. If they somehow get totally out of sync with each other, they will no longer work. The manual will have the procedure to go through to resync them. I'd try that first.

Reply to
trader4

Try re-teaching the remote to the garage door opener. Most GDO's have a "learn" button on them somewhere, usually located behind the shade that covers the lightbulbs. Press the learn button, then press the button on you're remote to teach it in.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

It would help to know what brand/model opener.

Reply to
Rich256