garage door opener

How can I bypass the safety sensor on my garage door opener. I know this is not recommended but I intend to use it as a diagnostic aid. Please help, I'm pulling my hair out. Thanks.
Disconnect it at the opener and replace it with a jumper between the two terminals, that way the opener "sees" the "beam" as being intact. The beam has to be broken in order for the garage door to reverse. If the opener is seeing the beam as a complete circuit then it will have no option but to operate as you want it.
Searcher