Garage Door follow up DANGER !!! DANGER !!!

Page 1 of 2
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I did this morning.
I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.
Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink where it resides with other chemicals.

You are weird to bother us with crap postings.
On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 07:41:33 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

I've been called worse.
You had to follow the other thread to appreciate the humor. Or not.

Now that you've disabled the safety mecanism on that bottle of dishwasher detergent, what will happen if you put it under the garage door with the disabled sensors and close it?
On 6/16/13 11:16 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Hazmat team first, followed by the EPA seizing his house.

It's hard to ask for non-child proof caps on OTC products. Generic ibuprofen, etc.
Those are the types of pills I was talking about.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

If buying at a pharmacy, I'll wager the pharmacist would gladly provide an easy-open bottle.

I use a utility knife to cut the tab out of the lid of those pill bottles which make you line up the 2 triangles. Once that's gone you can open it in any position.
In many cases I transfer new supplies of pills to the old container from which the tab as been removed. I've got one container that I've been reusing for over 5 years.

Sometimes you can ask for tops that are not child proof. Also the ones we seem to get are reversiable. If you turn the top upside down there is a set of threads that screw into the bottle.It even gives you a larger area to grip.
On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 14:22:59 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

LIttle non-Bayer aspirin bottles come like that. So far it hasn't bothered me

For presciption drugs, I do that, get non-safety caps. Seems to me, it will just speed up evolution if we get rid of kids who are so stupid they take pills that haven't been prescribed for them.
But I took a vacation last month and the caps came off two out of three plastic bottles and there were pills all over the suitcase. Maybe I'll use safety caps next time.
On 6/16/13 3:56 PM, micky wrote:

Duct tape for small bottles, Gorilla tape for the large ones.
Wonder if several wide post office type rubber bands would keep the lids on? Less sticky. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
On 6/16/13 3:56 PM, micky wrote:

Duct tape for small bottles, Gorilla tape for the large ones.

Also the pill takers that are too stupid to screw the tops on tight..
On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 18:13:47 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

These were snap on. No way to make them tight. Even for snap-on, they seem loose.

You do know that you can ask for your pills with non childproof caps?
Harry K

Not OTC pills. However they come is what you get.
says...

I know your type! I bet you also tear those labels off mattresses which say "Do Not Remove!" :-)
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We quit using liquid or powder dish washing detergent quite some time ago.

Just let the dog lick them?
In belched:

LOL That safety cap was put there for a reason, Ed. I hope no neighborhood kids get a hold of it, you could to have a law suit on your hands