Garage Door follow up DANGER !!! DANGER !!!

Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink where it resides with other chemicals.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You are weird to bother us with crap postings.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I use a utility knife to cut the tab out of the lid of those pill bottles which make you line up the 2 triangles. Once that's gone you can open it in any position.

In many cases I transfer new supplies of pills to the old container from which the tab as been removed. I've got one container that I've been reusing for over 5 years.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I know your type! I bet you also tear those labels off mattresses which say "Do Not Remove!" :-)

Reply to
Bill

I've been called worse.

You had to follow the other thread to appreciate the humor. Or not.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hmm, We quit using liquid or powder dish washing detergent quite some time ago.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Ed Pawlowski belched:

LOL That safety cap was put there for a reason, Ed. I hope no neighborhood kids get a hold of it, you could to have a law suit on your hands

Reply to
ChairMan

Now that you've disabled the safety mecanism on that bottle of dishwasher detergent, what will happen if you put it under the garage door with the disabled sensors and close it?

Reply to
trader4

Hazmat team first, followed by the EPA seizing his house.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

The splitter/guard for my 10 year old table saw is sitting on the shelf in my shop, still wrapped in the original plastic. A proper number of fingers, thumbs, toes, etc. are all still attached to me.

Reply to
Pete C.

Just let the dog lick them?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Sometimes you can ask for tops that are not child proof. Also the ones we seem to get are reversiable. If you turn the top upside down there is a set of threads that screw into the bottle.It even gives you a larger area to grip.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I mentioned I did something similar with one of those new, cursed EPA compliant gas cans. Child safety screw cap was similarly defeated. I have to also confess I did the same thing today with a bottle of mouth wash.

Reply to
Frank

compliant gas cans. Child safety screw cap was similarly defeated.

Gas caps? We don't need no stinkin' gas caps!

Berndt Hass

LIttle non-Bayer aspirin bottles come like that. So far it hasn't bothered me

For presciption drugs, I do that, get non-safety caps. Seems to me, it will just speed up evolution if we get rid of kids who are so stupid they take pills that haven't been prescribed for them.

But I took a vacation last month and the caps came off two out of three plastic bottles and there were pills all over the suitcase. Maybe I'll use safety caps next time.

Reply to
micky

Duct tape for small bottles, Gorilla tape for the large ones.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Also the pill takers that are too stupid to screw the tops on tight..

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

These were snap on. No way to make them tight. Even for snap-on, they seem loose.

Reply to
micky

Duct tape for small bottles, Gorilla tape for the large ones.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You do know that you can ask for your pills with non childproof caps?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K