Garage door, Dryer and Flood Insurance

My house was flooded thanks to the big storm in the NYC area. A flood insurance adjuster will come to my house next week.

I've read an article about what is covered and what is not. However, it is not clear whether my garage door (attached garage) & laundry room dryer are covered. FYI, I have dwelling coverage only.

Reply to
FKS

you are screwed:( dwelling coverage does not cover floods, you would need seperate flood insurance:( flood insurance is a seperate federal program.

sorry to give you bad news, how much damage did it do?

creek rise or just rain pour in?

Reply to
hallerb

The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes - FLASH, Inc has an FAQ here that might help you

Reed

Doesn't your insurance policy define Dwelling somewhere?

Reply to
mm

We can't answer that, since we can't see your policy from here. You have to read it to see what is covered, or ask your insurance agent.

Typically nothing is covered but structural damage to the house, but yours might not be typical.

Reply to
Toller