Garage Door Closing and Bright Sun

Anyone have problems with closing their garage doors using the remote when the sun is shining really brightly? The sensors seem to detect direct sunlight as an obstruction, making it impossible to close the door with the remote. I end up having to use the wall-mounted switch, and even then, the button must be held down continuously.
Yes I had this problem with my last house I had to rig up a tube long enough to cut out the direct light or stand and make a shadow and then use my keypad to get the door to close. I ended up taking the things and putting them above the door and pointed them at each other. That was the solution in the end.
Rich

But doesn't that defeat their original purpose for being there..to stop the door from crushing a child or pet should they try to run under the door while it is descending?
On 3 Sep 2004 13:45:35 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Henry) wrote:

It may help to clean the lenses. This will stop the diffused light from interfering.