Garage Door Adjustment Help!

Hello All!

We bought our 16' Wayne Dalton "Thermoguard" garage door about 4 years ago and have been very happy with its performance so far. It has a "Liftmaster" 1/2 horsepower opener.

About a month ago it began to make a lot of racket when it was closing [from the fully opened position]. When it opens, it's quite; it's just when we close the door that it seems to make noise. The wheels shake [slide left and right in their metal guide tracks] a little but are not broken; it's like the wheels are banging on the side rails somewhere, I just can't see it, maybe! The opener has a "screw-type" rod which works fine, so it is not the problem either.

No amount of lithium grease/WD-40/silicone spray is going to remedy this.

I've called the installer; they want $150 for a house call to do the adjustment.

We're seniors and have some discretionary funds, but if I can make the adjustment[s] myself, [with your help!] I'd rather do it. Can you help us?

Many thanks for taking the time to respond! :-)

Norm & Loretta

Reply to
A. Pismo Clam

Disconnect the door from the opener. If it is binding perhaps some of the rollers are bad or some of the nuts and bolts holding the hinges and rollers have come loose. Worse case there is a problem with the spring. Definitely need a pro for this case.

Good luck "A. Pismo Clam" and have been very happy with its performance so far. It has a

Reply to
Jeff