Garage Door

I need to either buy a new insulated garage door, or insulate the one I have, if possible.
Is there some rigid insulation that I can fasten to the inside of my door that will not interfere with the roll-up action?
What would a new, insulated door cost to have installed?
Checked out several web sites and lots of info, but no pricing.
Thanks,
Hound Dog

I have a 4 section roll up door and I glued a piece of "blue board" insulated light weight sheathing to each section covering it.
Adds no weight to door, doesn't interfere with the rollup, costs under $10, insulates great!! If you're married, your wife will probably make you paint it to match the interior of the garage- so add $5 for a quart of paint...
Doc
I agree with the blue board amd it weighs nothing and seems to be the best solution. If fire code bothers you, cover it with aluminum foil for increased performance. But you must have a tiny door or get blue board for a rediculously low price. Don't remember the price but it seemed like is was near $10 per sheet for 1" thick and would take at least 3 sheets to do my double wide door.
Doc wrote:

3/4 inch is $7 per sheet in my area. I think R5.

the one I

of my door

board"
under $10,

you paint

paint...
Art Begun wrote:

Hi, I am in Calgary, Alberta. I had a 16x7 Steelcraft insulated door with custom baked painting to match the house installed for 900.00 on sale. It has foam core with R7 value and 10 year warranty. Tony
You can buy insulating board that could be glued to the back of the door but the stuff I've seen is marked flamable and is intended to be covered sheathing.
A new top of the line door from Wayne Dalton is about a grand installed for a double door size.

one I

door

I see that Menard's carries a kit for insulating garage doors. Consists of foam panels covered with something like vinyl that are designed to be glued to back of door. Kind of costly as I remember..about $100 to cover a double wide garage door. Tom.