Garage Door

I need to either buy a new insulated garage door, or insulate the one I have, if possible.

Is there some rigid insulation that I can fasten to the inside of my door that will not interfere with the roll-up action?

What would a new, insulated door cost to have installed?

Checked out several web sites and lots of info, but no pricing.

Thanks,

Hound Dog

Reply to
Hound Dog

I have a 4 section roll up door and I glued a piece of "blue board" insulated light weight sheathing to each section covering it.

Adds no weight to door, doesn't interfere with the rollup, costs under $10, insulates great!! If you're married, your wife will probably make you paint it to match the interior of the garage- so add $5 for a quart of paint...

Doc

Reply to
Doc

You can buy insulating board that could be glued to the back of the door but the stuff I've seen is marked flamable and is intended to be covered sheathing.

A new top of the line door from Wayne Dalton is about a grand installed for a double door size.

Reply to
Art Begun

I see that Menard's carries a kit for insulating garage doors. Consists of foam panels covered with something like vinyl that are designed to be glued to back of door. Kind of costly as I remember..about $100 to cover a double wide garage door. Tom.

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
George E. Cawthon
3/4 inch is $7 per sheet in my area. I think R5.

board"

Reply to
Art Begun

Hi, I am in Calgary, Alberta. I had a 16x7 Steelcraft insulated door with custom baked painting to match the house installed for 900.00 on sale. It has foam core with R7 value and 10 year warranty. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang