Garage door

I have a single car garage door with opener. It opens fine, but when it closes the first panel comes around the curve and it is quite rough, after that fine. What is the problem?
On Mon, 26 May 2008 21:23:05 -0700, bigjcw1023 wrote:

Lubricate rollers. Check spring tension and cables to make sure door is closing evenly and not cocked. Check track for damage such that rollers are being pinched.
Once first panel makes it around the bend, it sounds as though you have sufficient weight from the door for it to close the rest of the way.
Also, how does it close with opener disengaged? You might want to look at force setting on opener.

Franz Fripplfrappl

Also on mine, found the top panel was hitting the track on the one side. Look for witness marks on the side of the door, where it might be rubbing. I had to unbolt the top of the track on that side, and pry it over a bit, and make new holes for the bolts holding the track to the wall. Works like a champ now. Tony